Welcome to Cairdeas Winery! Our Tasting Room is open for outside seating per the current safe opening guidelines, and we invite you to join us for a seated tasting experience. Our knowledgeable Cairdeas Crew is ready to guide you comfortably through your tasting flight, and help you craft your own personal collection of our Rhône inspired wines.
Tasting Room Hours & Reservations
- Open Daily Year Round: 12:00-5:00pm by reservation
February is the Month of Love
To celebrate, we partnered with local chocolate artisan, Merrow Chocolatier, to offer an optional truffle pairing with every single tasting flight in February. Reserve your seat!
We’ve also created a For the Love of Red Wine & Chocolate Collection so you can experience the pairings from the comfort of home. BONUS: Your purchase includes access to a Virtual Wine & Chocolate Pairing on Sunday, February 28th with the makers of both the wine (that’s us! Charlie & Lacey Lybecker) and the chocolate (Anna – she’s awesome!).
Both the February tasting flight and For the Love collection include a BRAND NEW RELEASE, our first ever varietal Alicante Bouschet, with just 77 cases produced.
Your Visit: What to Expect
We look forward to welcoming you to our tasting room and winery. We ask for your assistance in helping us adhere to the guidelines in order to stay open to serve you. Prior to and during your visit, you can expect:
- Advance reservations are highly recommended so that we can offer you the best service with our limited seating – thank you so much for booking ahead!
- We are collecting pre-payment for your tasting flights ($15 per flight) or table reservations to hold your space, waived onsite with the purchase of two or more bottles.
- Wine club members receive up to 4 waived tasting flights per visit.
- Walk ups will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis as space allows.
- Groups are limited to 6 or less guests per table (please include kids and infants in your party count).
- We are continue with all outdoor seating at this time with a majority of tables under a heated tent, and limited fire pit tables.
- All staff will be wearing masks, and guests are also required to wear masks except when seated at their tables.
- Social distancing, ensuring a distance of no less than 6 ft. between tables.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each table and at tasting room entrances.
- We will be disinfecting all surfaces that guests come in contact with utilizing EPA approved disinfectant.
- Dogs on leashes are welcome in outside areas.
Our doors are open, and we look forward to serving you!
Our Tasting Flights
We offer a set tasting flight for $15 each, waived with the purchase of two bottles or more. Our curated flights give you a taste of our Rhône-inspired wines and typically include two white wines and three red wines. Wine club members receive complimentary tastings and additional discounts.
Wines By the Glass or Bottles
Wines may be purchased by the glass or bottle to enjoy on the property during your reservation.
Bottles to Go & Shipping Options
Wines will still be available for pick up. Call ahead or place your pick up order online in advance and our crew will pre-pack your wines and have them ready on the pick up table at the front entrance. Prefer to have your wines shipped? We are currently offering complimentary shipping on all orders over 4 bottles. Shop Our Wines –>
Family & Dog Friendly
Cairdeas Winery is family friendly so feel free to bring along your kids (just be sure to include them in your guest count)! Well-behaved pups are also more than welcome in our tasting room, patio and lawn, but do keep in mind that we have two winery dogs at Cairdeas (Tannin and Avi Gris the Wine Dogs) and they often hang out on the grounds.
Snacks & Beverages
If you need to fuel up during your wine tasting flight, we offer light snacks in the tasting room (charcuterie, a selection of cheeses, snack olives, Theo chocolate, and a selection of crackers), or you can bring your own picnic or snacks with you. We also offer a selection of non-alcoholic beverages from sparkling water to juice boxes.
RHÔNE INSPIRED WINES CRAFTED IN LAKE CHELAN
We pull our inspiration from the Rhône valley of France and craft delicious wines from Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Counoise, Cinsault (red grapes) and Viognier, Roussanne, Marsanne, Grenache Blanc, Picpoul (white grapes) to craft some traditional and truly unique blends.
The Rhône is generally divided into two sub-regions with distinct vinicultural traditions, the Northern Rhône and the Southern Rhône. The northern sub-region produces red wines from the Syrah grape, sometimes blended with white wine grapes, and white wines from Marsanne, Roussane and Viognier grapes. The southern sub-region produces an array of red, white and rosé wines, often blends of several grapes such as in Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
Syrah is the only red grape variety permitted in red AOC wines from this sub-region. The grape, which is believed to have originated in or close to the Rhône region, is also widely known as Shiraz, its name in Australia and much of the English-speaking world, and has recently become very popular with consumers around the world.
The southern Rhône’s most famous red wine is Châteauneuf-du-Pape, a blend containing up to 19 varieties of wine grapes (ten red and nine white) as permitted by the Châteauneuf-du-Pape AOC rules. Gigondas AOC, on the other hand, is predominantly made from Grenache Noir. Depending on the specific AOC rules, grapes blended into Southern Rhône reds may include Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Carignan and Cinsault.