Welcome to Cairdeas Winery! We invite you to join us for a seated tasting experience. Our knowledgeable Cairdeas Crew is ready to guide you through your tasting flight, and help you craft your own personal collection of our Rhône inspired wines.
Tasting Room Hours & Reservations
- Open Daily Year Round: 12:00-5:00pm by reservation
Your Visit: What to Expect
We look forward to welcoming you to Cairdeas Winery! Prior to and during your visit, you can expect:
- Advance reservations are required – thank you so much for booking ahead!
- Our property is currently under construction while we are building a new tasting room and production facility. Parking can be a little tricky depending on daily construction activities, but find another car and pull right up. Thanks for your flexibility and understanding while we work to upgrade your experience.
- Online reservations are limited to groups of 6 or less. (We currently require groups larger than 6 to contact us directly for reservations.)
- $15 per tasting flight is waived per 2 bottle purchase; flights typically include 4 wines (currently all reds as we are sold out white wine for the season), plus a wine club bonus pour for members. Wine club members received up to 4 waived tasting flights per visit.
- We are continuing to offer outdoor service only until we can move into the new tasting room (the #cairdeasbarn!), but for those hot weather days, we have some limited indoor seating.
- Per the CDC’s guidelines, fully vaccinated staff and patrons are no longer required to wear a mask.
- Dogs are welcome in outside areas, but do keep in mind that we have two friendly resident winery dogs onsite when deciding whether to bring your pets.
Our doors are open, and we look forward to serving you!
Our Tasting Flights
We offer a set tasting flight for $15 each, waived with the purchase of two bottles or more. Our curated flights give you a taste of our Rhône-inspired wines and typically include two white wines and three red wines. Wine club members receive complimentary tastings and additional discounts.
Wines By the Glass or Bottles
Wines may be purchased by the glass or bottle to enjoy on the property during your reservation.
Bottles to Go & Shipping Options
Wines by the bottle are available for pick up. Call ahead or place your pick up order online in advance and our crew will pre-pack your wines and have them ready on the pick up table at the front entrance. Prefer to have your wines shipped? We offer complimentary shipping on all orders over 6 bottles. Shop Our Wines –>
Family & Dog Friendly
Cairdeas Winery is family friendly so feel free to bring along your kids (just be sure to include them in your guest count)! Well-behaved pups are also more than welcome in our tasting room, patio and lawn, but do keep in mind that we have two winery dogs at Cairdeas (Tannin and Avi Gris the Wine Dogs) and they often hang out on the grounds.
Snacks & Beverages
If you need to fuel up during your wine tasting flight, we offer light snacks in the tasting room (charcuterie, a selection of cheeses, snack olives, Theo chocolate, and a selection of crackers), or you can bring your own picnic or snacks with you. We also offer a selection of non-alcoholic beverages from sparkling water to juice boxes.
RHÔNE INSPIRED WINES CRAFTED IN LAKE CHELAN
We pull our inspiration from the Rhône valley of France and craft delicious wines from Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Counoise, Cinsault (red grapes) and Viognier, Roussanne, Marsanne, Grenache Blanc, Picpoul (white grapes) to craft some traditional and truly unique blends.
The Rhône is generally divided into two sub-regions with distinct vinicultural traditions, the Northern Rhône and the Southern Rhône. The northern sub-region produces red wines from the Syrah grape, sometimes blended with white wine grapes, and white wines from Marsanne, Roussane and Viognier grapes. The southern sub-region produces an array of red, white and rosé wines, often blends of several grapes such as in Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
Syrah is the only red grape variety permitted in red AOC wines from this sub-region. The grape, which is believed to have originated in or close to the Rhône region, is also widely known as Shiraz, its name in Australia and much of the English-speaking world, and has recently become very popular with consumers around the world.
The southern Rhône’s most famous red wine is Châteauneuf-du-Pape, a blend containing up to 19 varieties of wine grapes (ten red and nine white) as permitted by the Châteauneuf-du-Pape AOC rules. Gigondas AOC, on the other hand, is predominantly made from Grenache Noir. Depending on the specific AOC rules, grapes blended into Southern Rhône reds may include Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Carignan and Cinsault.